Saturday, May 11, 2013

Android security books, finally

Ok, I will admit to being a bibliophile.  I love books.  When it comes to systems support, I like having the official manual and materials, alongside the best "unofficial" works.  These, I find, usually help me find the answers I need.  On-line resources are great, but it can be a bear to have to search thru so much to find an answer.

In the area of Android, there has been several books on developing apps for Android, but nothing (so far) on Android security.

Well, what seems to be the first of what looks like several works, we finally have an Android security book. I haven't gotten a copy yet, but hope to.



Android Security: Attacks and Defenses by Anmol Misra and Abhishek Dubey.  They have an accompanying website and blog, www.androidinsecurity.com.   (but there's not much traffic on the blog, hope this changes.)


There are several other books on the way.

There is another volume in the "Hacking Exposed" series, this time on mobile: Hacking Exposed: Mobile Security Secrets:


Android Hacker's Handbook by  Joshua J. Drake, Zach Lanier, Collin Mulliner and Pau Oliva looks interesting as well.  It should have various vulnerability assessment tools for Android.


An older book, Android Forensics: Investigation, Analysis and Mobile Security for Google Android by Andrew Hoog sounds good, but I have to wonder if its outdated after two years of new Android versions.


When/if I can get my hands on these works, I hope to do reviews on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment